Due to the current pandemic situation, ZJULogAI (including AWPL) was postponed and will take place as a three-day digital online event on October 26, October 30 and November 2. See the page “Program” for details.
The 5th Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic (AWPL)
7-9 April 2020, Hangzhou, China
Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic (AWPL) is an event-series initiated by a group of Asian logicians, and in 2012 the first installment took place at the JAIST in Japan. It is devoted to promote awareness, understanding, and collaborations among researchers in philosophical logic and related fields. The workshop emphasizes the interplay of philosophical ideas and formal theories. Topics of interest include non-classical logics, philosophical logics, algebraic logics, and their applications in computer science, cognitive science, and social sciences. The second, third and fourth workshops took place successfully in Guangzhou (2014), Taipei (2016) and Beijing (2018), respectively. The previous post conference proceedings were published in the Studia Logica book series “Logic in Asia” (http://www.springer.com/series/13080?detailsPage=titles) with Springer.
The Fifth Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic (AWPL 2020) will be held in Hangzhou, China, on 7-9 April 2020, organized by the Institute of Logic and Cognition at Zhejiang University.
The AWPL 2020 workshop is an event in the International Conferences on Logic and Artificial Intelligence at Zhejiang University (ZJULogAI, https://www.xixilogic.org/zjulogai/) which takes place on 6-9 April 2020. All AWPL participants are invited to attend other events as well.
AWPL 2020 and ZJULogAI are in collaboration with the Second Tsinghua Interdisciplinary Workshop on Logic, Language, and Meaning: Monotonicity in Logic and Language, 10-12 April 2020 (http://tsinghualogic.net/JRC/?page_id=1576)
INVITED SPEAKERS (Confirmed)
- Christoph Benzmüller (Freie Universität Berlin)
- Dag Westerståhl (Stockholm University)
All submissions should present original works not previously published. Submissions should be typeset in English, using the LNCS template (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines), be prepared as a PDF file with at most 12 pages (including reference list, appendixes, acknowledgements, etc.), and be sent to the workshop electronically via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=awpl2020) by the corresponding author on time. It is assumed that, once a submission is accepted, at least one of its authors will attend the workshop and present the accepted work. After the workshop, selected submissions will be invited to revise and submit to a post conference proceedings, to be published in the “Logic in Asia” series.
For questions please send email to email@example.com.
- Submission deadline: 28 December 2019
- Notification: 4 February 2020
- Workshop: 7-9 April 2020
- Thomas Ågotnes, University of Bergen, Norway
- Nick Bezhanishvili, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Marcos Cramer, TU Dresden, Germany
- Huimin Dong, Zhejiang University, China
- Sujata Ghosh, Indian Statistical Institute, India
- Meiyun Guo, South-West University, China
- Fengkui Ju, Beijing Normal University, China
- Beishui Liao, Zhejiang University, China (chair)
- Hanti Lin, University of California Davis, US
- Fenrong Liu, Tsinghua University, China
- Hu Liu, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
- Xinwen Liu, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, China
- Minghui Ma, Sun Yat-Sen University, China
- Zachiri Mckenzie, Zhejiang University, China
- Hiroakira Ono, JAIST, Japan
- Eric Pacuit, University of Maryland, US
- Xavier Parent, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- R Ramanujam, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, India
- Olivier Roy, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Ji Ruan, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Katsuhiko Sano, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Chenwei Shi, Tsinghua University, China
- Yì N. Wáng, Zhejiang University, China (co-chair)
- Dag Westerståhl, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Emil Weydert, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Junhua Yu, Tsinghua University, China
- Yan Zhang, Renmin University, China
- Shengyang Zhong, Peking University, China