The interplay between logic and argumentation has a long history, from ancient Aristotle’s logic to very recent formal argumentation in artificial intelligence. The collective discussions from both sides have captured diverse kinds of reasoning patterns and dialogue activities in various formal and intuitive ways, with potential applications in artificial intelligence.
The series of International Conference on Logic and Argumentation (CLAR) highlight recent advances in the two fields of logic and argumentation and aims at bringing together researchers from various disciplines such as logic, formal argumentation, artificial intelligence, philosophy, computer science, linguistics, and law.
Past and Future Conferences
- CLAR I, 2-3 April 2016, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
- CLAR II, 16-17 June 2018, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
- CLAR III, 26 October, 30 October, 2 November 2020, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China (online)
- CLAR IV, 20-22 October 2021, Zhejiang University City College, Hangzhou, China (hybrid)
- Thomas Ågotnes, Beishui Liao, Yì N. Wáng (editors). Proceedings of the 1st Chinese Conference on Logic and Argumentation (CLAR 2016), Hangzhou, China, April 2-3, 2016. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, volume 1811, 2016.
- Thomas Ågotnes, Beishui Liao, Yì N. Wáng (guest editors). Special issue “Logic and argumentation“, Journal of Applied Non-Classical Logics, volume 28, Issue 2-3, 2018.
- Beishui Liao, Thomas Ågotnes, Yì N. Wáng (editors). Dynamics, Uncertainty and Reasoning: Proceeding of the Second Chinese Conference on Logic and Argumentation. Logic in Asia: Studia Logica Library, Springer, 2019.
- Mehdi Dastani, Huimin Dong, Leon van der Torre (editors). Logic and Argumentation: Third International Conference, CLAR 2020, Hangzhou, China, April 6–9, 2020, Proceedings. LNAI, volume 12061, Springer, 2020.
- Huimin Dong, Jun Pang, Yì N. Wáng (guest editors). Special issue “Logic, Argumentation, and AI”, Journal of Logic and Computation, forthcoming.
- Pietro Baroni, Christoph Benzmüller, Yὶ N. Wáng (editors). Logic and Argumentation: Fourth International Conference, CLAR 2021, Hangzhou, China, October 20-22, 2021, Proceedings. LNAI, volume 13040, Springer, 2021.
Steering Committee: T.B.A.